Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy Birthday to me....







Friday was my birthday. On Saturday after church we invited some good friends to go out to eat with us at ORAE Buffet, a Korean Restauraunt. Joe and I have eaten there before, but our friends had not. I particullary enjoy the fact that, since it is a buffet, you get to pick and choose what you feast upon. My favorite is the Bulgogi, which is seasoned and marinated beef. Sooo Yummy! Traditionally at a Korean restauraunt you have to take off you shoes when you go in the door, and you get to sit on the floor on flat square pillows. There is a little grill in the center of the table where you get to cook your own food. After cooking your food the traditional Korean way to eat is to take a lettuce leaf, fill it with meat, rice, vegetables (I prefer tomato and garlic), form it into a ball of lettuce and shove the whole thing into your mouth. I am not so good with the shove it all in your mouth in one bite. But it is delicious none the less. How ever we did get brave this time and tried eel, and baby octopus. Let's just say we have tried it once and that is enough. One couple we took wwith us loved it, the other couple had mixed feelings. He loved it, I think she hated it. It made for a perfect birthday dinner, good food, great friends, good conversation and some adventure. To top it all off, Ice Cream cones are even included in the price of dinner. What more could a girl ask for? Happy birthday to me!

No comments: